Helpful Resources For Mineral Rights OwnerHere you will find a whole host of useful links.
If you are a mineral rights owner in Texas or throughout the nation, and have questions about the potential of your ownership concerning the oil booms happening throughout the country, we first encourage you to contact Phillips Energy Partners for consulting and a free property evaluation. However, if you’d like to conduct preliminary research on your own to gain your bearings, consult the following online resources for answers to some of your questions. These online resources for mineral rights owners may provide insight on valuation, taxes, relevant laws, and other miscellaneous information to help you capitalize on the assets you possess. If you cannot find answers to your queries, consider speaking with an expert in the oil and gas industry who can provide you with guidance and assistance such as our talented and knowledgeable team here at Phillips Energy Partners.
Online Resources for Mineral Rights Owners
Mineral Rights Forum and Associations
- Mineral Rights Forum – a site dedicated to public discussion about mineral rights throughout the United States.
- Texas Land & Mineral Owners Association – advocacy group that works specifically in the best interest of members in Texas.
Mineral Rights Legal Information
- Texas State Historical Association – provides general history on mineral rights and details certain legal information regarding possession of mineral rights.
- Railroad Commission of Texas – Texas specifics about exploration and surface ownership.
- Texas A&M Blog – short article detailing legal information for mineral rights holders.
- United States Bureau of Land Management – page associated with the federal government dedicated to providing mineral rights information.
Mineral Rights Tax Information
- Courthouse Direct – page on tax information regarding mineral rights.
- IRS Oil and Gas Industry Handbook – booklet provided by the IRS regarding all relevant tax information for mineral rights owners in the United States.
- IRS Oil and Gas Handbook – another IRS publication regarding mineral rights and proper taxation.
- Texas Real Estate Center – publication on property taxes and other mineral rights information.
Mineral Rights Valuation and Sales
- S. Mineral Exchange – helps mineral rights owners understand the potential worth of their rights.
- Lands of Texas – database of mineral rights currently for sale throughout the state of Texas.
- S. Geological Survey – provides online spatial data regarding mineral resources.
- com – includes an overview of mineral rights and other information.
- Michigan State University – short publication that provides a general overview of some information regarding mineral rights.
Do You Still Have Questions After Researching These Online Resources for Mineral Rights Owners?
There is a myriad of questions that may not have answers readily present on the aforementioned websites. If you still have questions or concerns about your mineral rights that you did not find in this list of online resources for mineral rights owners such as oil exploration, or the oil and gas industry in general, we invite you to speak with a professional at Phillips Energy Partners. We are ready to assist you in any way possible.